Wednesday 4 February 2015

Mary Wagner to appear in Court tomorrow, February 5th, on the Feast of St. Agatha

Dear friends,

Mary Wagner, a humble handmaid of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and our sister, is scheduled to be in Court tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. *

It is very probable that Mary will remain silent; in solidarity with those who have no voice, and those who are unseen. In her silence before the tribunal of Caesar, Mary will be imitating Christ's silence before the unjust seat of judgment presided over by Pontius Pilate. "Then Pilate said to him, "Do you not hear how many things they testify against you?" But he gave him no answer, not even to a single charge; so that the governor wondered greatly". (Matthew 27: 13, 14)


I ask that you remember Mary in your prayers tomorrow. Can you get to Mass, pray the Rosary, the Divine Chaplet...? Please also remember Mary's family in your prayers, especially her dear mother, Jane. 

Prayer for others is a great act of charity. St. Paul wrote: 

"At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison". (Col, 4:3)


Things do not just happen, but are woven by the Finger of Divine Providence. So it is that tomorrow is the Feast Day of St. Agatha (meaning "good"'), one of the greatest martyrs of the early Church. Despised by the world, she appeared before the "wise" to confound them, and manifested strength in her "weakness"....
  
St. Agatha, pray for Mary




From the Proper of the Feast of St. Agatha: 

1 Corinthians 1:26-31
Consider your own call, brothers and sisters: not many of you were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, things that are not, to reduce to nothing things that are, so that no one might boast in the presence of God. He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, in order that, as it is written, ‘Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.’ 


R. Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.
Be my rock of refuge,
a stronghold to give me safety.
You are my rock and my fortress;
for your name's sake you will lead and guide me.
R. Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.
Into your hands I commend my spirit;
you will redeem me, O LORD, O faithful God.
I will rejoice and be glad because of your mercy.
R. Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.
Rescue me from the clutches of my enemies and my persecutors,
Let your face shine upon your servant;
save me in your kindness.
R. Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit. 


Luke 9:23-26
Then he said to them all, ‘If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it. What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves? Those who are ashamed of me and of my words, of them the Son of Man will be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.




NOTE: * If the police report is filed, a date can be set for a trial. If not, then it will be another bail hearing, similar to what was held January 16th. Honesty demands that for those wishing to attend, to please be aware that Court proceedings could begin as early as 9:30. 


Proceedings are being held in Room 505, on the second floor of College Park Courts, 444 Yonge Street, south west corner of Yonge and College Streets. Court will or may entail bail hearing and disclosure. 

Parking ($12) is available one block north of College St. and 75 m east of Yonge St. at 29 Wood Street public parking garage, next to The Maples rental office.


1 comment:

Luciano said...

I will pray at morning Mass and in my Rosary today for Mary