Saturday, 26 September 2026

Rebuilding Christ's Church "Traditionis Custodes" style

DECIMATION. St Vincent's after Traditionis Custodes. (© Toronto Catholic Witness 2026)

The numbers at St. Vincent de Paul's were horrendous for the first Sunday following the enforcement of Traditionis Custodes. I counted perhaps 45 people. About fifteen I recognized who usually attend the Latin Mass. This, I presume is what Francis had in mind when he chose "Francis" as his papal name, so as to "rebuild" Christ's Church. As I had reflected on the crisis a number of years ago: I will not leave the Church. They can throw me out on the "verandah" but I will not wonder off to some synagogue of Satan. No, if anyone leaves, it will be them. So I shall attend. With a heavy heart, but I shall. If the Blessed Mother and the holy women could stand at the foot of the Cross, so should we join them. Just as I would attend St. John Cantius if I lived in Chicago, I will attend St. Vincent's and Holy Family. Remember, dear Catholic friends, our priests need our support. They would like us to leave so as to shut the parishes down. Sorry - this dog won't hunt.  

For further updates on the communal aspects devastating the faithful in Toronto visit the outstanding Vox Cantoris. 

Francis, go and repair my Church, which, 
as you can see, is falling into ruin." 


DEVASTATION. St. Vincent de Paul, Sunday Sept 20, 2026. (© Toronto Catholic Witness 2026)

No comments: