1. Nothing I say in this blog has either an Imprimatur or Nihil Obstat. Reader beware... you are being exposed to the ramblings of an old curmudgeon who is neither teacher nor preacher.
2. I eat with sinners... not publicans or tax collectors... just sinners. Moreover the sinners in question are not Catholic or even Christian. They do, however, serve a delicious cut of meat and I smile when one of them quotes Chesterton back at me.
3. I attend a Novus Ordo mass regularly at my local parish and haven't the slightest inclination to go to any of the Tridentine masses though I may go to hear some Gregorian chant at some point.
4. I do not subscribe to any alternate magisteriums. Make no mistake about it, both liberals and conservatives indulge in this questionable practice. I generally look up any questions I may have in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I sometimes read the Fathers, especially the Apostolic Fathers, but that's it. There's always the 1911 edition of the Catholic Encyclopedia lurking on my hard drive somewhere.
5. I oppose rigorism in all its forms. When I was a child my parents did not attend mass and often I had to go alone. One Sunday while my parents were visiting my grandfather I went to mass and got in line for communion. Two men pulled me out of the line and asked me if I had been to confession the previous Saturday. When I said no they prevented me from going to communion. The memory of such incidents kept me away from the sacraments for years once I entered my teens.
6. Perhaps most damning of all, I regularly get together with Barona, Santa and Montfort for fellowship. Guilt by association!