Sunday 3 June 2012

Nothing is more important than to save our souls

My dear friends, as I was contemplating my life in this world, I came to this reading from St. John's 1st Letter: "I have written to you young men, because you are strong and God's word has made its home with you, and you have overcome the evil one. You must not love this passing world or anything that is in the world. The love of the father cannot be in any man who loves the world.

My brothers and sisters, I implore you, by God's mercy to offer your very selves to Him; dedicated and fit for his acceptance, the worship offered by mind and heart. Adapt yourselves no longer to the pattern of this present world, but let your minds be remade and your whole nature thus transformed. Then you will be able to discern the will of God, and to know what is good, acceptable, and perfect."

My dear friends, let us then become totally immersed in our desire to give ourselves body and soul to Christ our Lord, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary. This, then, is our aim and goal, nothing is more important than to save our souls. 

No comments: