The outstanding Catholic blog, Everyday for Life, Canada once again has published gravely disturbing details on the ongoing demolition of our once Catholic schools. Readers of that blog, as well as our own, will be aware of years of corrosive decay in the areas of Catholic Faith and Morals.
To quote from Everyday for Life, Canada:
The Toronto Catholic District Schools Board (TCDSB) is no longer the school board that many parents believe or want it to be....The Biblical words "sin," "evil," "devil," and "hell" are no longer welcomed at the TCSDB....The updated TCDSB board code of conduct says that boys and girls are not just boys and girls but that a girl can be a boy and a boy can be a girl....The full article can be read here.
No one is forcing these dissident trustees and teachers, administrators etc. to remain Catholic. The gift of Faith is given freely, but must be accepted in its entirety. As St. Augustine taught, to reject one doctrine, is to reject all doctrine. The Christian Faith is not a personal assemblage of ideas; the keeping of some doctrines, the discarding of others. It is received. The Faith is, as is defined in the Catechism, is: "a supernatural virtue, infused by God" (1,1, 153). This definition also means that there is only one Faith, for God cannot contradict Himself, and impart "faiths" that are in conflict with each other over doctrine.
As I have written before, these trustees, teachers and others, when they reject the Church's teachings on the sanctity of human sexuality, the exclusiveness of sexual expression within Matrimony, are guilty of material heresy. They blaspheme God by mocking the order of Creation and the reflection of the Triune Love as reflected in the acts proper to marriage between husband and wife. St. John Paul II could not have written it more clearly: so-called same sex "marriage" is an ideology of evil.
It is time to move from the pastoral admonition to challenge these dissenters on the doctrinal level, to challenge each and every trustee, teacher and administrator ad seriatum:
1. Do you reject lust as a morally disordered desire that is isolated from the right use of sexual pleasure within marriage? (c.f. CCC 2351)
2. Do you reject masturbation as an objectively evil act? This question must be asked, as homosexuality involves mutual masturbation, manually, orally and anally. (c.f. CCC: 2352)
3. Do you reject pornography as it (e.g.) offends against the marital act? Sex "education" that teaches sexual acts outside of marriage, or the teaching of the 'LGBT" agenda as acceptable expressions of sexuality therefore qualify as pornographic. (c.f. CCC 2354)
4. Do you reject homosexual acts as "acts of grave depravity" and "intrinsically disordered"? Do you reject homosexual acts as "contrary to natural law"?
(c.f. CCC 2357)
6. Do you accept that sexual love is "ordered to the conjugal love of a man and a woman"? (CCC 2360)
7. Do you accept that under no circumstance can homosexual acts be approved? (CCC 2357)
8. Do you accept that for those for whom homosexual inclinations is a trail, they should be accepted "with respect, compassion and sensitivity", such that they can "fulfill God's will in their lives"and, "if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition"? (CCC 2358)
9. Do you accept the following teaching that "Among the sins gravely contrary to chastity are masturbation, fornication, pornography, and homosexual practices"? (CCC 2396)
Those who reject Sacred Scriptures and the teachings of the Church we can openly state they are gravely suspect of material heresy. How we approach human sexuality and the morality of human acts, is not, as one dissenting teacher wrote (his arrogance only outdone by his ignorance) based on political positions. It is based on Divine Revelation through the Authority of Christ's Church. The Catechism is not conjecture, opinion, it is mandated with Apostolic Authority. St. Pope John Paul II wrote:
I today order by virtue of my Apostolic Authority, is a statement of the Church's faith and of catholic doctrine, attested to or illumined by Sacred Scripture, the Apostolic Tradition and the Church's Magisterium. I declare it to be a sure norm for teaching the faith...
Those who reject this Apostolic Authority, and the Catechism are placing themselves in a very dangerous position. Such people expose themselves as actors of ill will, knowingly pouring spiritual poison into our children and youth. They are not just bad Catholics, but public dissenters and evil corrupters of the innocent. Following Bishop Emeritus of Calgary, His Excellency Fred Henry, we quote:
Only God can judge the state of the human soul but it is pure nonsense to suggest we cannot and should not judge human behaviour. Reluctance to judge moral behaviour is the inevitable consequence of moral relativism and moral subjectivism that has eroded confidence in the ability to determine objective moral truth on which sound judgment is based.
As Bishop Henry also wrote there is an objective moral order of truth. Part of this objective moral order is that "male and female He created them" (Gen 5:2; Mt 19:4; Mk 10:6) and that "a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh" (Gen 2:24; Mt 19:5; Mk 10:7; 1 Cor 6:16; Eph 5:31).