Sunday 12 August 2018

St. Michael's Cathedral ~ our beautiful Mother Church in Toronto


The Blessed Sacrament Chapel

The restored St. Michael's Cathedral is truly magnificent. One can only appreciate this restoration in person. This past week was the first time I have been in the downtown area for several years, and I managed to visit the Blessed Sacrament and also visit my Mother Church. 

The crypt has a  new chapel, with the Blessed Sacrament in the centre. There are two fine busts of the recently sainted Popes: John XIII and John Paul II. The ceiling has been superbly restored and is a work of art. 

I shall be uploading for readers many more photographs* that I took. 

*You may use my photographs (for strictly non-commercial use only). Please credit "Toronto Catholic Witness"


Approaching the Sanctuary 


The High Altar


A panoramic view of the Cathedral

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let us know what the total expense has been to date. I was disappointed that the blessed sacrament is not in its rightful place in the Cathedral. No provision whatsoever is provided for those of us who prefer to receive Holy Communion while kneeling. My reaction to the renovation was one of sadness, both at missed opportunities and at the vast amount of our money that this represents, when my pastor is denied "peanuts" for investment in our youth program.

Anonymous said...

http://taylormarshall.com/2015/10/catholic-mass-lectionary-omits-anti-homosexual-verses-from-romans-1.html